Ravings of a Classical Scientist

This blog is the result of a rational minded person looking at many aspects of the world around us. Warning: This blog is not for everyone, ignorance is bliss, so don't get angry at me for ruining it.

Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'm an atheist humanist who strides to enlighten people if they have a desire to learn truths. As a professional physicist I can only be reasonable and logical because I dislike being wrong.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Election Pondering

Oddly enough I'm happy with the election results. That may sound odd since we now have a more religious PM than before. For one thing I'm happy to know that Quebec voter aren't glued to the Liberals for federalism. Also I'm happy to know that elsewhere in the country there are enough people who do not vote mechanically to change the political landscape. Also I did think it is good to clean house every now and then and I think it's better that we did it sooner since if it was done later we may have been in a majority.

The current situation is pretty good. The conservatives are stuck between a progressive place and promises to church people. They can't do the real things they want to (on social issues) since they are too small, and if they try and muscle it through they will be wiped out in the next election and reconfined to the west. This will undoubtedly make the church people who supported Harper disappointed (since they see Bush doing well in the south) and so they will crawl back into their churches and maybe come out with a new, less prime time party, leaving the conservatives (hopefully) as a more fiscally libertarian party. That would be ok with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home