Ravings of a Classical Scientist

This blog is the result of a rational minded person looking at many aspects of the world around us. Warning: This blog is not for everyone, ignorance is bliss, so don't get angry at me for ruining it.

Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'm an atheist humanist who strides to enlighten people if they have a desire to learn truths. As a professional physicist I can only be reasonable and logical because I dislike being wrong.

Monday, November 28, 2005

Christian "news" and the power of competition

As I've always said there are redeeming qualities of some corporations. Recently the News Hour (PBS) aired a report on Christian news in the US (search for Christian news on the page provided). Although the numbers are still pretty small, they are noisy! There are currently 6 TV stations and a seventh is coming in soon. As the market grows (and since the viewer base is expanding that's unfortunately likely) and more money is involved competition will heat up. I wonder if the competition will be very Christian? My hope is the competition will eventually turn ugly and dilute the message and a lot of the industry will implode (sending the viewers back to FOX). If not, we will have reinforced ignorance every night instead of just Sundays.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eddie said...

Igor how's the link? (I don't know enough about html to understand what was wrong, but I changed mozilla's default encoding).

12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home