Ravings of a Classical Scientist

This blog is the result of a rational minded person looking at many aspects of the world around us. Warning: This blog is not for everyone, ignorance is bliss, so don't get angry at me for ruining it.

Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'm an atheist humanist who strides to enlighten people if they have a desire to learn truths. As a professional physicist I can only be reasonable and logical because I dislike being wrong.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Another insult to the Muslim world

It seems the Muslim world has a lot of pentup frustration. It is amazing that they have no central authority but they mobilize very quickly when their religion is insulted. I just don't understand why all the people of a nation would be held responsible for the publication of a magazinelet! If it was government sponsored or even a highly regarded magazine, maybe. But to hold the people of a country responsible for one cartoon seems odd. Especially from a "community" that doesn't even agree about things like suicide bombers! It would be cool if the WTO got involved, that should put the whole question of religious respect on trial. Religions in every way attack each other (like Japanese fighting fish) so why is it wrong for someone to insult Muslims when they call for the genocide of a people (for instance).

NOTE: I'm not pro-Israeli. I'm not pro-[ANY]religion. I just use the Jews since it conveys the message more directly in this case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home