Ravings of a Classical Scientist

This blog is the result of a rational minded person looking at many aspects of the world around us. Warning: This blog is not for everyone, ignorance is bliss, so don't get angry at me for ruining it.

Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'm an atheist humanist who strides to enlighten people if they have a desire to learn truths. As a professional physicist I can only be reasonable and logical because I dislike being wrong.

Thursday, October 14, 2004

Understanding makes me happy, then sad

After learning about The Saudi Question | PBS I must say I am personally relieved. I know much about the ethos and foundings of Islam but as to its modern form I knew little. It had worried me that its numbers where growing (as I'd worry about any religion or cult), but I am relieved to learn that there are many different secs of Islam. Best of all the radicals believe all non-radicals are "evil," on the same footing as non-Islamic. This means that Islam will fight amongst itself as a kind of growing pain. Though, as a humanist, I wish it was a discussion and not by violent bloodshed we all know how religions work. Too bad. I just hope the number that die in the name of Mohammed don't surpass the number of people killed in the name of jesus, it's too much for no reason.

After learning about Saudi Arabia I'm convinced they are doomed! Their numbers and their population's conditioning spell disaster. They really could have had an Eden with all the oil profits, too late now! Their terrorists won't stop terrorizing them, the public will be divided and then ... puff. I give them about 5 years (+/- 1) before the chaos is really bad (hopefully the blog will still be up so we can see how my prediction goes). For all those in the country I hope I'm wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home