Ravings of a Classical Scientist

This blog is the result of a rational minded person looking at many aspects of the world around us. Warning: This blog is not for everyone, ignorance is bliss, so don't get angry at me for ruining it.

Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'm an atheist humanist who strides to enlighten people if they have a desire to learn truths. As a professional physicist I can only be reasonable and logical because I dislike being wrong.

Friday, October 08, 2004

Worse than I first thought

When I heard about the Bushy deficit I was stunned, but I figured old people knew what they where doing since they've been hearing budgets for years. As usual this is quite wrong. Old people have poor attention spans just like their children. Pete Peterson on Now blames it on the lack of political will due to the view of the public that they should be able to have everything and more. He thinks that there is no way to pry things away from the American people as if they are children asked to share a favorite toy. I agree but I think the main thing is that the rich probably figure they can pick up and leave the country.

So how bad is the economy? Well take a stunning look at this: Debating the Deficit. Not scary enough? Take a look at the first few figures of this.
Should we start taking bets on the year the US will fall?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny thing. The Libertarian and Green party candidates werere arrested at the presidential debate while trying to serve court papers to the Debate Comission. Story here:
http://politics.slashdot.org/politics/04/10/09/1315259.shtml?tid=103&tid=219

It also seems that some students trying to get back to their dorms were also arrested and almost shot by snipers. Some reports are on Badnarik's page linked to above.

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home