Ravings of a Classical Scientist

This blog is the result of a rational minded person looking at many aspects of the world around us. Warning: This blog is not for everyone, ignorance is bliss, so don't get angry at me for ruining it.

Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'm an atheist humanist who strides to enlighten people if they have a desire to learn truths. As a professional physicist I can only be reasonable and logical because I dislike being wrong.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Idiotic design and wrong scientists

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGG!!!!! I'm soo pissed!! I know what sets me off... Intelligent design! The very phrase aggravates me! I don't think I need to state that the whole problem is people don't understand what the word 'theory' means. Not to mention if we were so intelligently designed why are people born with birth defects (even before we had industrialization), get cancer and joint problems by 30! We could design better joints and our species is only 200000 years old! God would have had an eternity! Or maybe the student has surpassed the master ;-)

It also disappoints me when an eminent scientists will say something to the effect that science lets you understand the 'physical' world but not the 'spiritual' one. Clearly he is misunderstanding the definition of the word 'world' and what it means for something to exist! What's great about science is he can be a big shot and still be mistaken (unlike any religious leader) and corrected by newbies. In science logic and data make right, not might, majorities or funny hats!

I guess once the baby boomer scientist (who grew up in a very religious society) go away the next generation and subsequent generations will continue the move towards free-thinking... lucky buggers! I almost feel like I should stop listening to people outside of my circle of peers so that I stop getting so worked up, but I don't want to be elitist. So I rant...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home