Ravings of a Classical Scientist

This blog is the result of a rational minded person looking at many aspects of the world around us. Warning: This blog is not for everyone, ignorance is bliss, so don't get angry at me for ruining it.

Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'm an atheist humanist who strides to enlighten people if they have a desire to learn truths. As a professional physicist I can only be reasonable and logical because I dislike being wrong.

Sunday, March 06, 2005

The Creationist and the Scientist (Me)

My bones are made of star-dust forged in the last moments of a supernova,
Yours where made out of thin air.

My body is the product of over 800 million years of refinement through struggle,
Yours is a reflection.

My ancestors are the descendents of the strongest and brightest,
Yours where inbred.

My beliefs are the product of centuries of accumulated knowledge and are still improving,
Yours are from a book.

My life is one of curiosity, wonder and belonging,
Your is menial.

3 Comments:

Blogger Eddie said...

A few notes on what I meant:
"out of thiin air" since Adam was just made.
"reflection" since creationist believe humans where made in god's image.
"inbred" since there was Adam, Eve, Kain and Abel and then Kain killed Abel so you have a father mother and son. you can't make a population from that without inbreeding.
"menial" since life is simply a temporary state to prove your worth to god so you can get into heaven for creationists.
This is my 1st poem in years, kinda fun!

12:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you're a poet and you didn't even know it! :-P

Here's a great quote i found from anarchist and all-around good guy Mikhail Bakunin...never made me think of the character "Satan" in such a light before

"But here steps in Satan, the eternal rebel, the first free-thinker and emancipator of worlds. He makes man ashamed of his bestial ignorance and obedience; he emancipates him, stamps upon his brow the seal of liberty and humanity, in urging him to disobey and eat of the fruit of knowledge."
-Mikhail A. Bakunin

11:11 AM  
Blogger Eddie said...

I should have never mentioned it was a poem...
I wonder if you could passof Bakunin's quote with G.W. Bush's name instead of Satan's (and knowledge replaced by demcocracy) to the American Right? I'd love to see their faces when you give them the original ;-)

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home