Ravings of a Classical Scientist

This blog is the result of a rational minded person looking at many aspects of the world around us. Warning: This blog is not for everyone, ignorance is bliss, so don't get angry at me for ruining it.

Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'm an atheist humanist who strides to enlighten people if they have a desire to learn truths. As a professional physicist I can only be reasonable and logical because I dislike being wrong.

Friday, December 10, 2004

Ventura, Lennon and me

This article seems to give more credence to my belief that I'm on the majority side of the secular argument, especially when it comes to polititions. In some places it reads like it's from opposite-world; Joan Campbell, general secretary of the National Council of Churches, said, "Karl Marx said something like that. I don't think he wants to be associated with him."(lol!) The claims seem reasonable and fall very close to what other people in power have said: there are plenty of non-religious elected politicians they just don't want to come out of the closet since the climate, especially politically is uncomfortable. I don't think Mr. Ventura made a good political move saying what he says but he is still right. Too bad that doesn't count for anything, especially in Bush's America.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home