Ravings of a Classical Scientist

This blog is the result of a rational minded person looking at many aspects of the world around us. Warning: This blog is not for everyone, ignorance is bliss, so don't get angry at me for ruining it.

Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'm an atheist humanist who strides to enlighten people if they have a desire to learn truths. As a professional physicist I can only be reasonable and logical because I dislike being wrong.

Friday, December 10, 2004

Communicating with the Others

I've often felt it was rather difficult to express my atheist/scientific beliefs to non-physicists, since these beliefs are derived from the scientific world. But these views cross over into every other aspect of my life including politics and social ideology. So how do you sum up these ideas in a neat fashion similar to the "our father," but less dry: Imagine by John Lennon. I haven't heard that song since long ago when I learned to play it on the piano. Recently I relistened to it and was stunned! (Not because someone else had put the general idea into a beautiful melody but because I could very easily explain my beliefs to the older generations by naming the song). This works especially well since most people are especially fond of the song. Also it's a great note to go out on when the discussion turns ugly (usually when the religious person has one or more of their feet in their mouth and starts to get angry).

Imagine, I'm not the only one :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home