Ravings of a Classical Scientist

This blog is the result of a rational minded person looking at many aspects of the world around us. Warning: This blog is not for everyone, ignorance is bliss, so don't get angry at me for ruining it.

Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'm an atheist humanist who strides to enlighten people if they have a desire to learn truths. As a professional physicist I can only be reasonable and logical because I dislike being wrong.

Friday, May 04, 2007

There must be more to this life => pity?

When I hear the phase; "There must be more to this life," uttered I can't help but feel pity for that person. To be so cynical about the laughter of children or music is saddening. To me, it is hard to imagine not deriving pleasure from this world: the spring blossoming, the silly things animals do, the shared laughter with friends and loved ones, the childish awe of discovery, the joy of literature etc. Not enjoying these things I guess would makes life seem like a waste. But why it really saddens me is these people tend to put faith in some eternal afterlife, thereby deteriorating the value of a single couple of decades.

I really should not argue with these people about the silliness of an afterlife or how an afterlife devalues life. I really should instead find out if this person is lonely and in need of attention and maybe find some ways of helping, because missing out on this life is a real waste.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home