Ravings of a Classical Scientist

This blog is the result of a rational minded person looking at many aspects of the world around us. Warning: This blog is not for everyone, ignorance is bliss, so don't get angry at me for ruining it.

Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'm an atheist humanist who strides to enlighten people if they have a desire to learn truths. As a professional physicist I can only be reasonable and logical because I dislike being wrong.

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Tax reform

If you've spent some time with me discussing Canadian politics, tax reform has come up. This is obviously a terrible interesting subject to most (:-), but is very important. So when the mayors started the One Cent Now campaign I was overjoyed! I don't think it is enough and still think a portion of the income tax should come to cities would also be nice it has stirred debate and that's really what matters. There is also talk about stopping the downloading of services from the provincial government. I'd prefer having the GTA become a province and take over all the services and get the income tax. But either way this should start something historic in Canada, a change from an arguarian tax structure to a urban one. Twenty years to late, but better late than never!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home