Ravings of a Classical Scientist

This blog is the result of a rational minded person looking at many aspects of the world around us. Warning: This blog is not for everyone, ignorance is bliss, so don't get angry at me for ruining it.

Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'm an atheist humanist who strides to enlighten people if they have a desire to learn truths. As a professional physicist I can only be reasonable and logical because I dislike being wrong.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Pope's comments on Islam

I've had a busy week but I knew when I read this story in the small paper on the Subway it would turn out to be a bigger story, I just lacked the time to express that here. Well as I see it now it has provoked a violent response. Of course just like the Mohammed cartoon freedom of expression trumps religious sensitivity and the pope had every right to say (or quote) what he did. Also it the violent response is nonsensical and nothing but embarrassing to the Muslim community. Maybe after rioting every few months they will realize the stupidity of ransacking one's commmunity! Of course it is worth noting that the pope also had as a central theme to his speech that faith and reason are inseparable so he's still an idiot.

So why do I care? Well I still think it is very important that religions get used to be critiqued and especially Islam if the buried messages of peace and good will in all religions is still valid. But religions have to understand that the nonsense that surrounds a nice peaceful teaching have to be modernized or admission of their error must be made clear. As a friend recently said the bible/torah/koran were written at a time when slavery was condoned and homosexuality condemned! Also this will distract the religious people from the atheist for a little while longer.

Most importantly it is great fuel to the Ontario public that the pope should not have a publicly funded stage to Onatrio's youths!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home