Ravings of a Classical Scientist

This blog is the result of a rational minded person looking at many aspects of the world around us. Warning: This blog is not for everyone, ignorance is bliss, so don't get angry at me for ruining it.

Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'm an atheist humanist who strides to enlighten people if they have a desire to learn truths. As a professional physicist I can only be reasonable and logical because I dislike being wrong.

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Understanding Catholics and antisemitism

I used to jokingly say the current pope is a secret atheist and is deliberately trying to sabotage the Catholic church. What other reason could someone give to explain all of his baffling screwup vying for market share in the world of religions?

I think the recent episode with the Gas-chamber denying bishop's un-excommunication is telling. I now think he is not a sabotaging atheist, but he simply actually believes in what he is doing (kinda like how Dion thought he won the Liberal nomination because everyone thought he was the best candidate). He thinks he's infallible so he doesn't seem to understand that some people will disagree. Either way, he's great for anyone who want a more secular world.

On another note, Catholics now (and for at least 10 years) have Deacons! An interesting development huh!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home