Ravings of a Classical Scientist

This blog is the result of a rational minded person looking at many aspects of the world around us. Warning: This blog is not for everyone, ignorance is bliss, so don't get angry at me for ruining it.

Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'm an atheist humanist who strides to enlighten people if they have a desire to learn truths. As a professional physicist I can only be reasonable and logical because I dislike being wrong.

Friday, March 31, 2006

Focused Babble (Praying) isn't projective

An anticipated study on praying for other's recovery came out recently and had shocking results. Praying for someone to recover makes no difference to their recovery. It does slightly increase there risk of complications though, lol. So what do I think of this study? While I remain open minded it only stands to reaffirm my beliefs. While other studies have shown the (mostly) positive effects of self prayer this just reinforces the fact that this is just a placebo effect.

It also send a neat message to religious people, you god won't change his plans for you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home