Ravings of a Classical Scientist

This blog is the result of a rational minded person looking at many aspects of the world around us. Warning: This blog is not for everyone, ignorance is bliss, so don't get angry at me for ruining it.

Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'm an atheist humanist who strides to enlighten people if they have a desire to learn truths. As a professional physicist I can only be reasonable and logical because I dislike being wrong.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Overt use of Religion in Terrorism

I used to get annoyed listening to the muslims on the news programs in Pakistanis etc, talk about how their god will help them and that they are "on a mission from god." I think the positive effect of this is to make people much less tolerant of religious statements. Obviously this isn't true for the completely indoctrinated (they are hopeless), but the moderates I think get really turned off. Since there is no end in sight against these fanatics maybe people in west will stop making religious statements (except for the funny dressed and big hat folk: priests, imams etc). Or at the very least it will make the moderates much more suspect of those claiming magic and divinity. That's a positive!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home