Ravings of a Classical Scientist

This blog is the result of a rational minded person looking at many aspects of the world around us. Warning: This blog is not for everyone, ignorance is bliss, so don't get angry at me for ruining it.

Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'm an atheist humanist who strides to enlighten people if they have a desire to learn truths. As a professional physicist I can only be reasonable and logical because I dislike being wrong.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Proud to be Ontarian!

It's not often government does something I agree with, but the recent decision by McGuinty to ban all religious arbitration. Although in general I am for more freedom, I don't think freedom from the law-of-the-land is correct. The law must be the same for all citizens. People should not be allowed to choose a different set of laws. Especially when the laws they would use are ambiguous, sexist and unchanging... but that's besides the point.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I concur
"One Law to rule them all, One Law to find them, One Law to bring them all and in the darkness bind them"

9:47 PM  
Blogger Eddie said...

It was legal. Religious arbitration was inacted in 91 to try and help the bogged-down courts. The difference is the arbitration follows religious rules (so for instance in Shia law the father get the children except under the most amazing circumstances).

The 'ban' is technically a rewritting of the law that allowed it.

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home