Ravings of a Classical Scientist

This blog is the result of a rational minded person looking at many aspects of the world around us. Warning: This blog is not for everyone, ignorance is bliss, so don't get angry at me for ruining it.

Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'm an atheist humanist who strides to enlighten people if they have a desire to learn truths. As a professional physicist I can only be reasonable and logical because I dislike being wrong.

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Why I look forward to the 25th of Dec

No, it is not because of Santa. It's not even because of presents (I generally don't receive anything on the 25th which is what I was always used to as we spent most of our xmas in NY when I was young and so only opened the gifts under the tree when we got back around Dec 27th). It's not because people are happy or anything thing like that. It's because I know that it symbolizes an end to the xmas songs in stores! I don't hate them, but when they are on all the time, over and over the same songs it is quite annoying. As we live in a climate where there I can't take my children outside for long at all going to a mall lets them walk around a new place for a while. So doing that with a variety of music instead of xmas songs is something I look forward too.

Right now I have a wonderful life! I love my job and everyone is healthy so everyday for me is great making the need for a holiday counterproductive since it takes me away from my normal which, again, is wonderful! But I can feel for those who spend 40 hours a week doing something they don't love and all the associated time and so need a day to celebrate something. They need this friday off. I on the other hand will wait until it is summer for a worthy day to take off.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home