Ravings of a Classical Scientist

This blog is the result of a rational minded person looking at many aspects of the world around us. Warning: This blog is not for everyone, ignorance is bliss, so don't get angry at me for ruining it.

Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'm an atheist humanist who strides to enlighten people if they have a desire to learn truths. As a professional physicist I can only be reasonable and logical because I dislike being wrong.

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Why is Jesus so lazy or god so mean?

I like Easter, it is such an odd holiday even compared with most Christian things. Why? Because it says a lot about how Christians view the "world" in a very subtle way. I asked this question of my priest many years ago and got a very odd look: Why did it take Jesus three days to get resurrected? Now put aside modern knowledge about the universe and think about this as if it were real. Why would an all-power god who sent his son to die for man's sins wait three days? What was the hold up?

This says even when god is executing his very own plan he is non-responsive. What could be the hold up? There can't be something keeping him so he must have wanted it that way especially since Jesus wasn't healing himself since he shows everyone his wounds afterwards. The only lesson I can see is: god uses people as pawns.

I guess it is possible (in the story world) that Jesus just kept hitting the "snooze" button on his resurrection, after all it took him 30 years to start his divine preaching. And what's with the bunnies? Is that a hint to where Jesus was for the three days?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home