Ravings of a Classical Scientist

This blog is the result of a rational minded person looking at many aspects of the world around us. Warning: This blog is not for everyone, ignorance is bliss, so don't get angry at me for ruining it.

Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'm an atheist humanist who strides to enlighten people if they have a desire to learn truths. As a professional physicist I can only be reasonable and logical because I dislike being wrong.

Monday, July 26, 2004

The Jews were (mostly) right

A few weeks ago I heard a rabbi on The Daily Show in a comedic interview (I think he thought it was real) say something in seriousness that hit me. He said in response to the question, "What would Jesus say" referring to the wearing of synthetic hair pieces and he said that there wasn't anything special about Jesus and that Jewish history is littered with people coming back to life. After my initial laughing I thought about this for a bit. If this were true then it should also be happens today. If you think about the way Jesus died he was only crucified. After the loss of blood it is reasonable to assume he would have passed out. But did he die? Well how would they have known he was dead? The didn't know about pulses so they could only tell about his breathing and it is reasonable to assume they could have just made a mistake.

So does it happen today. Yes. People are revived shortly after dying all the time. There are also cases of people spontaneously reviving on the coroners table not by miracle but simply by the fact our definition of death needs refining. It is completely reasonable to assume that the rabbi was correct since back then they could have mistaken death for other unconscious states. So if that's all that is pointing people to Jesus as the messiah, I think the Jews are right, Jesus was just a misunderstanding about the definition of death.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home