Ravings of a Classical Scientist

This blog is the result of a rational minded person looking at many aspects of the world around us. Warning: This blog is not for everyone, ignorance is bliss, so don't get angry at me for ruining it.

Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'm an atheist humanist who strides to enlighten people if they have a desire to learn truths. As a professional physicist I can only be reasonable and logical because I dislike being wrong.

Monday, May 31, 2004

Parallelisms of any god and a childs father

I have noticed that there are amazing parallels between how a child views his father and the way adults view their god.

When we are young our parents always know what we want/need before we do. They mystically know what is good for us and they lead us through a world that is beyond our comprehension. They do so effortlessly and we come to just expect that they will guide us, fix our boo-boos and watch over us so no harm will come to us.

Once we get older we start to understand our parents world and it becomes less and less mysterious. we also realize our parents are fallible. So what do some people do to adapt? Create a substitute. Make him everyone's father, make him infallible and make him reside in a world that is beyond my comprehension. Ahhh... back to my childhood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home